Cooking time 30min. Serves approximately 8 people.
450gm fine semolina
200gm caster sugar
100gm sunflower oil
15gm baking powder
Vanilla essence and some icing sugar for dusting
- For the best result prepare the mixture a day ahead. Mix semolina, eggs, sugar, sunflower oil and kefir in a bowl and leave it to rest overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Oil the cake tin with some leftover sunflower oil.
- Whisk baking powder and vanilla essence in the mixture and pour it into the cake tin.
- Bake for 25min till golden brown and a skewer inserted stays clean (we recommend baking it for 20min then switching the oven off and leaving the cake in the oven for about 5min to rest).
- Dust with some icing sugar and serve warm with a dash of mascarpone and apricot jam.